Nov 30, 2023
Bachelor of Science Degree Requirements
The requirement for entrance to the major and minor programs is completion of two years of algebra as well as courses in geometry and trigonometry, or a sequence of courses containing their equivalents, such as MATH 3 and MATH 5 . It is strongly recommended that such study be completed before entrance to the university.
Major Requirements (53 - 57 units)
Core Curriculum (35 -39 units)
Option Specific Electives (18 units)
Additional Requirements (8 units)
Credential Requirements (34 units)
Other Degree Requirements
In addition to the major program requirements, every student must also complete the University’s baccalaureate degree requirements such as:
- American Government and Institutions (PLSI 2 )
- General Education Requirements (48 units) - see notes 1, 3, 4 and 5
- Multicultural and International (MI) -see note 2
- Upper-division Writing - see note 2
- Sufficient Elective Units to Meet Required Total Units (varies); it is recommended that units in this area be utilized to complete a second major or minor.
A full description of the University’s graduation requirements can be found in the Baccalaureate Degree Requirements .
Total: 134 Units*
*General Education, MI, and Upper-division Writing courses can be double counted with major requirements. See advisor for details.
The Culminating Experience for the Integrated Credential option is MATH 149S .
- PHYS 4AL is required for the Integrated Credential Option. PHYS 4A and PHYS 4AL will satisfy the General Education (G.E.) Breadth requirement.
- Students in the Integrated Credential Option are required to take ANTH 105W as a writing course that also satisfies the Multicultural/International Requirement.
- Three units of MATH 75 (or MATH 75A ) will satisfy the G.E. Foundation B4 requirement and MATH 123 will satisfy G.E. Area IB requirement. CI 152 is double counted as a Credential requirement and G.E. ID requirement for the Integrated Credential option.
- Thirteen units of courses are double counted (B1/3, B4, IB, and ID), and 3 units of G.E. requirements are waived (A3) for the Integrated Credential Option.
- See Mathematics Road Map at http://www.fresnostate.edu/degreeroadmap/
- Advising Requirements. It is strongly recommended, to all math majors, to have an advising session at least once a semester. See the department chair for assignment to an advisor.
- Grade Requirements. All courses required as prerequisites for a mathematics course must be completed with a grade of C or better before registration will be permitted. All courses taken to fulfill major or minor requirements must be completed with a grade of C or better.