Jun 17, 2024  
General Catalog 2023-2024 
General Catalog 2023-2024 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Undeclared Majors

Entering students whose major is undeclared (or undecided) often want to investigate their options and explore their career choices.


The university is here to help in a number of ways. The University Advising Center, with counselors trained to address the special needs of undecided students, is central to the process of moving the undecided student toward an appropriate major and academic goal. Equally central is the Career Development Center with its myriad of career-related resources. Undeclared(or undecided) students should regard the services of both these offices as vital to their future success and should plan to visit at least once each semester. Academic departments, individual faculty members, and others should be sought out in order to expand understanding of the world of work, future trends, and professional opportunities.

Contact the University Advising Center (Joyal Administration Building, Room 224, 559.278.1787) to set an appointment. The Advising Center is the major department for all Undeclared students and those students who are uncertain if the major they have currently declared is the one they want to continue to pursue. In addition, students can contact the Career Development Center (Thomas Building, Room 103, 559.278.2381) to explore careers and various assessments for guidance.

Postbaccalaureate/Graduate. Students who are undeclared must have the approval of the dean of Graduate Studies to be readmitted to the university.